Thatcher Hall Fire
From my alma mater:
Around 3:30 a.m., Tuesday, April 26, a fire broke out near a kitchenette on the third floor of Thatcher Hall, the women's residence at Southern Adventist University.More details here.
Twenty-two fire trucks responded. There has been one fatality. The victim's family has been notified. Two students have been taken to the hospital. All residents of Thatcher Hall have been evacuated and are in a safe location on the university's campus.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim's family and students during this time of crisis.
"This is affecting us very deeply here at the university,"� says Gordon Bietz. "Please pray for the students and the staff as we struggle to deal with this tragedy."�
The academic deans are meeting to decide what to do about today's exam schedule. A service will be held on campus later today, and campus counselors and pastors are providing counseling for the students.
What a bad way to end a school year. Prayers go to the family of the victim.